Sat, 14 Oct|
39 De Grays Street
Ghost Investigation at De Grays Hostel,
So much happens at De Grays its hard to know where to start ..... whispers, laughter and even a music box which plays on its own.
Time & Location
14 Oct 2023, 21:00 – 15 Oct 2023, 02:00
39 De Grays Street, Hull
About The Event
Come with us Ghost Seekers Paranormal into a world of ghostly spirits. The cost of each ticket just £50 per person.
Check with reality though - our Events are never false - just because historically these things have happened does not mean that they will happen at our Events. Although we have had fantastic activity on every Event we have hosted at De Grays, keep an open mind about how the evening will pan out.
Here is a little history:
Reports of terrifying "hauntings" have prompted police to break into this house in west Hull. The owner of 39 De Grey Street believes the seven-bedroom house is haunted, with mediums reporting an "evil" force lurking inside.
Dubbed The Hostel by ghost hunters, one woman claims she was pulled by her legs across the room and then pushed backwards with force, while a man describes being dragged from a chair and held against the wall by unseen hands.
The semi-detached house has also been the scene of chairs moving, objects flying through the air and candles blowing themselves out. And with talk of the property having a very dark and sinister past, ghost-hunters claim phantom faces at the window have even led to police investigations.
"I lived in the house by myself, and I came downstairs to find steak knives balanced on the plates in the drying rack," said owner Andy Yates.
"I've tried to rent the house out a couple of times, but the longest anyone has lasted is four days. Some people couldn't return after measuring the house up for furniture.
"I once saw a child's shadow come out of the fireplace and hover for about 15 minutes. When I eventually plucked up the courage to move, it disappeared back into the wall.
"The cupboard under the stairs is quite notorious as well, with lots of mediums saying they believe children had been locked in there."
"When I put the house up for rent, a woman who had lived there 24 years previously contacted me on Facebook," said Andy.
"She told me she had been dragged out of bed and strangled but when the police turned up they told her off and that it was all just a hoax. Just as they were about to leave, a bookcase fell on them, and they ran straight out of the house."
Building clairvoyant medium Jolene Lockwood described the house as "horrific" after paying it a visit where she sensed the presence of an "evil entity" and a child.
Along with her business partner Clare Burrows, Ms Lockwood says she discovered a sinister force in the back bedroom after hearing "growling" and feeling the presence of an "aggressive" man.
Scariest moments at 'The Hostel'
· House owner Andy Yates found steak knives, which were originally in a drawer, balancing on plates in the drying rack after he had left the room for half an hour.
· Andy and a friend returned to the house after a break from wallpapering to find three wall scrapers balanced on the top of the staircase.
· A previous owner claimed to have been dragged out of bed by an unknown force. When the police arrived, a bookcase fell on them, forcing them to flee the property.
- The shadow of a child was seen hovering in front of the fireplace for 15 minutes before disappearing. People have claimed to have been touched and their hair and clothes pulled in the cupboard under the stairs.
- Phone batteries are said to go from full to empty in the space of half an hour.
- A visitor appeared to be possessed by a spirit, which admitted killing several children
Ghost Seekers Paranormal
Ghost Seekers Paranormal De Grays Event£50.00